Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: June 5, 2007|
|2006-2007 Mark LT|
Some 2005-2007 F-150 and Mark LT vehicles equipped with a power rear sliding window may require motor replacement. When servicing the power rear sliding window, it is now possible to replace only the power rear sliding motor when necessary. In the past, the motor was not serviced separately, and required replacement of the motor and cable assembly.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to service the power sliding motor separate from the window assembly.
Following Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-11 for power sliding window diagnostics and if the motor assembly has been identified for replacement, use the following procedure.
- Remove interior trim to access the power slider motor and cable assembly.
- Remove the three (3) bolts attaching the steel bracket, motor and cable assembly to the body panel. (Figure 1)
Figure 1 – Article 07-12-1
- Carefully remove the three (3) bolts attaching the steel bracket to the plastic cable housing (Figure 2).
Figure 2 – Article 07-12-1
- Hold the plastic cable housing and motor together, place a screw driver between the drum (located in the cable housing) and the motor housing (Figure 3) and pry the motor away from the drum, making sure the drum stays inside the plastic cable housing. The drum must stay inside the plastic cable housing for this procedure. (Firgure 4)
Figure 3 – Article 07-12-1
Figure 4 – Article 07-12-1
- When ready to install the new motor, align the motor gear splines onto the drum and press the motor into place, making sure there is proper alignment of the attachment bolt holes.
- After the new motor has been properly aligned to the plastic cable housing, position and install the steel plate and reinstall the three (3) attachment bolts holding the plastic cable housing, the motor and the steel plate together.
- Attach steel bracket to body panel with three (3) bolts.
- Reinstall all trim.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|7L3Z-5423394-A||Rear Window Motor Asy|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
|071201A||2005-2007 F-150, 2006-2007 Mark LT: Replace The Power Rear Sliding Motor, Includes Time To Remove Interior Trim Panels For Access. (Do Not Use With 29314A, 13208A, 40374B)||1.2 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|