Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: APRIL 27, 1998|
|1996-1997 F-250 HD, F-350|
1999 SUPER DUTY F SERIES
Some customers may require a heavy duty 7-way trailer wiring connector system when the vehicle is equipped with a 4-way connector.
Install a heavy duty trailer tow relay package and trailer tow wiring into the vehicle. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.
- Locate the light duty 4-way trailer tow assembly which is mounted on the rear bumper or frame.
- Disconnect the mounting bracket from the bumper or frame and retain the mounting bracket screw.
- Disconnect the 4-way black connector interconnect that is retained with a Christmas tree from the -14405- frame wire. Refer to Figure 1 or 2.
Figure 1 – Article 98-8-10
Figure 2 – Article 98-8-10
- Install the new Wire Assembly (F6TZ-13A576-BA) by connecting the two (2) 4-way connectors (black and gray) to the matching connectors on the -14405- wire harness. Retain the wire as shown in Figure 1 or 2.
- Reattach the 7-way trailer tow mounting bracket using the same mounting bracket screw that was removed in Step 2. Torque the screw to 25 ±4 N-m (18 ±3 lb-ft).
- Locate the power distribution box in the engine compartment.
- Install the heavy duty trailer relay wire assembly. Refer to the drawing provided with the relay assembly for exact details.
- Connect the two (2) 4-way connectors to the -14405- and -12A581- wire assemblies as shown in Figure 3. Make sure the gray and black connectors match together. The connectors have a Christmas tree that should be attached to the fender apron as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3 – Article 98-8-10
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|F6TZ-15A416-AA||Trailer Tow Kit|
|N801817-S55||Relay Block Mounting Screw|
|N806820-S55||Mounting Bracket Screw|
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
201000, 201200, 203000, 203200, 205000
Copyright © 1998 Ford Motor Company