This publication contains material that is reproduced and distributed under a license from Ford Motor
Company. No further reproduction or distribution of the Ford Motor Company material is allowed without the express written permission of Ford Motor Company. |
TSB Main Page
- DRIVEABILITY - NO START/REPEAT STARTER FAILURE - REPEAT STARTER REPLACEMENT
- ELECTRICAL - STICKING OR BINDING IGNITION LOCK CYLINDER BETWEEN START AND RUN
- ENGINE - STARTING - STARTER STAYING ENGAGED AT START UP
| Publication Date: September 30, 2003 |
| 1999-2003 EXCURSION, SUPER DUTY F SERIES |
This article supersedes TSB 02-19-4 to update the service procedures and service part information.
Some 1999-2003 SuperDuty and Excursion vehicles may exhibit the condition of starter staying engaged after releasing key from start position, repeat starter failure or a sticking/binding ignition lock cylinder. This may be due to:
- An Ignition Lock Cylinder Binding Not Fully Returning From Start To Run
- Short Condition On Starter Relay Circuit 113 (YE/LB) Or 1093 (TN/RD)
- Sticking Starter Relay
- An Internal Short In The Power Distribution Junction Box (PDJB)
To access the rest of this feature you must be a logged in Registered User
Of Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Registration is free, easy and gives you access to more features.
If you are not registered, click here
If you are already registered, you can login here.
If you are already logged in and are seeing this message, your web browser is blocking session
cookies. Change your browser cookie settings to allow session cookies.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.