- Eddie Bauer series
- All-new 6.0-liter Power Stroke diesel engine with 325 horsepower and 550 pound-feet of torque, reduced emissions and noise (early 2003)
- All-new five-speed TorqShift automatic transmission with 6.0-liter Power Stroke diesel (early 2003)
- New forged 16-inch wheels on Limited
- Driver ‘s grab handle standard on A-pillar
- Cherry woodgrain trim on Limited and Eddie Bauer
- Improved ride and handling
- Standard in-dash six-disc CD changer on Limited
- New exterior color: Red Fire
- Electronic Variable Response Turbocharging (EVRT): A system that helps ensure exceptional turbo boost over a wide range of engine speeds for impressive grade climbing capability, high-altitude performance and towing capability.
- Tow-Haul Mode: The new powertrain features a “tow-haul mode “that, once activated, can help increase a driver’s feeling of control when towing large loads up and down steep grades and automatically minimizes shifts and maximizes available torque.
- Hydraulic Rail Fuel Injection: Fuel injectors are actuated by a high-pressure hydraulic rail system that generates injection pressures up to 26,000 psi for clean and efficient combustion.
- Pilot Injection: By delivering small quantities of fuel into the combustion chamber prior to the main injection event, the combustion process is both smoother and quieter.
- Exhaust-Gas Recirculation (EGR): Cooled exhaust gases are recirculated back into the combustion chamber, reducing oxides of nitrogen (NOx).
- Ease of Maintenance: The oil filter is located on top of the engine, so it can be easily removed. An innovatively designed oil cartridge keeps oil self-contained during a filter change.
New for 2003
For 2003 the Ford Excursion has a new Eddie Bauer series, a number of interior and exterior trim changes, improved ride and handling and a new exterior color. Later in the
Excursion is a genuine, rugged sport utility on the outside with vast storage space and passenger comfort on the inside. The Excursion was added to Ford ‘s SUV lineup as a
The Excursion is available in XLT, Eddie Bauer, and Limited
New for 2003,the Eddie Bauer trim provides an Arizona Beige grille insert and body-color grille surround, front and rear fascias in Arizona Beige and Eddie Bauer badging.
Also new for 2003 are 16-inch forged aluminum wheels on the Limited series.
For XLT, chrome steel wheels and platinum bodyside cladding are standard. Standard on Limited and Eddie Bauer models are fog lamps that improve visibility in
Numerous design elements emphasize convenience. While most SUVs offer either a liftgate or liftglass rear cargo door, Excursion combines both designs into its Tri-Panel Door
Red Fire Clearcoat Metallic is a new exterior color choice for 2003.
The new-for-2003 Eddie Bauer series offers greater interior comfort with two-tone leather-trimmed captain’s chairs for driver and front passenger and the option of
All Excursions have a driver’s side grab handle on the A-pillar for 2003, which assists during entry and exit.
For 2003, Excursions with Limited trim have Cherry woodgrain interior highlights and a standard in-dash six-CD changer. A dual-media cassette/CD player is a no charge option.
Excursion’s size makes it the perfect fit for customers who carry a lot of people and cargo. It will seat up to nine adults, with best-in-class interior volume and interior space.
Power adjustable accelerator and brake pedals are available on all Excursion Limited and Eddie Bauer models for driver comfort. An overhead console includes auxiliary air
Power points are located throughout the vehicle, enabling the use of laptop computers or other 12-volt devices.
A six-disc, in-dash CD player is available on all models. A Rear Seat Entertainment System, including a DVD player and outputs for games and headphones, is optional on the XLT Premium, Limited and Eddie Bauer.
Excursion is powered by one of three powerful engines and can tow up to 11,000 pounds when properly equipped.
The 5.4L SOHC TritonTM V-8 engine is standard on 4×2 models and produces 255 horsepower and 350 foot-pounds of torque.
The 6.8L SOHC TritonTM V-10 engine, standard on the Eddie Bauer and Limited 4×4 and optional on other models, offers 310 horsepower and 425 foot pounds of torque.
The 7.3L Power Stroke turbo diesel V-8 engine is optional on all models. During the 2003 model year, Ford will introduce an all-new diesel engine for Excursion. The new, more
The new 6.0-liter Power Stroke V-8 engine is a direct injection, 32-valve diesel with an all-new cast-iron block and cylinder heads. The engine employs a single, block-mounted
Excursion’s standard 44-gallon fuel tank provides extended range.
Ride and Handling
Benefits to ride and handling for 2003 come from a newly standard rear stabilizer
Excursion’s optional Pulse Vacuum Hublock electronic shift-on-the-fly four-wheel drive
Excursion’s Twin I-beam front suspension provides greater steering control and less
The rear suspension has been designed for durability, performance and secure vehicle
Body-mount isolators help to improve overall ride comfort. Fully boxed transmission crossmembers help to reduce noise, vibration and harshness reaching the passenger compartment.
Excursion has Ford’s Reverse Sensing System, which beeps increasingly quickly as the vehicle reverses toward an obstacle. It is optional on XLT and standard on Limited and Eddie Bauer.
Safety and Security
The 2003 Excursion offers BlockerBeam front bumper underride protection for crash
Second-generation driver and front passenger air bags add protection in a
Other safety features include three-point safety belts in all outboard seating
FORD AND EDDIE BAUER: TWO DECADES OF PARTNERSHIP
The 2003 Excursion Eddie Bauer Edition brings a new level of refinement to
In 1999, Eddie Bauer threw an elaborate celebration at Explorer’s St. Louis
The partnership between Ford Motor Company and Eddie Bauer began in 1983
Eddie Bauer Edition Ford vehicles are known for sporty contemporary styling and rugged good looks. These vehicles feature unique Eddie Bauer amenities, making the Ford Eddie Bauer Editions attractive to those seeking unpretentious style with rugged capability. Ford Eddie Bauer edition vehicles are featured in Eddie Bauer catalogs that are distributed to millions of its customers, in promotional brochures and store displays and on its Web site. They are available at 4,500 Ford Dealers throughout North America.
From its beginnings as a downtown Seattle outfitter in 1920, Eddie Bauer has grown to nearly 600 stores worldwide. Eddie Bauer, Inc. offers casual lifestyle products for adults through its two retailing concepts: Eddie Bauer and Eddie Bauer Home. Eddie Bauer products are for men and women who seek versatile, classically styled, high-quality merchandise designed to meet the wide range of their apparel and home-furnishing needs.