6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Torque Pro In Celsius

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 10:51 PM
akblackfoot
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Torque Pro In Celsius

Dowloaded Torque Pro on my tablet tonight. Been trying to set up the guages. I loaded the ford specific PID's but the coolant and eot are in celsius. Tranny is in F and other reading are also in standard units. These two seem to be stuck in metric for some reason. Ideas? I've been searching for the solution.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:27 PM
87crewdually
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts
Click the Grey gear on lower left corner
Click Settings
Click Units
Uncheck "Use Celsius"

Old 01-19-2017, 11:38 PM
akblackfoot
Elder User
Already did. Still will only show celsius. Cleared everything and reloaded them and still Celsius

Old 01-19-2017, 11:50 PM
brandonrr
More Turbo
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I would try deleting the app and re-installing it. If that doesn't work...learn to convert Celcius to Farenheit?

Old 01-20-2017, 12:29 AM
akblackfoot
Elder User
Tried that too.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:08 AM
Yama4fitty
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are two possibilities. One is that there are two options for PID's, one *F and other *C or there's multiples of a PID like "method 1", "method 2", "method 3". Choose them all and run the app. Delete the ones that display in *C and keep the *F.

Second is have you run the app with the vehicle yet? They will automatically adjust to use *F once the app is used.

I had both of those circs occur. There was a post on the Torque forums regarding the exact same situation and that's what they said to do. I loaded the PID's like you and saw the same thing. Followed those directions and it worked. Had to go back and delete a few PID's that only displayed *C and kept the *F.

Hope that helps.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:11 AM
akblackfoot
Elder User
Ahh. No I haven't run it on the vehicle yet. Waiting for the bluetooth OBD2. I was just trying to get it set up on the tablet for when it gets here. So even though it's showing Celsius right now on the gauges, as soon as it connects with the PCM it will switch them to F?

Old 01-20-2017, 01:18 AM
Yama4fitty
Elder User
Correct. I was beating my brain doing the same as I was setting mine up too. Once I located the post on the Torque forums, I gave it a whirl and it worked. I don't recall which temps that had multiple "methods." I just went with all two or three and they would do their thing once the app was working with the vehicle. Then I just removed the *C ones.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:25 AM
akblackfoot
Elder User
Thanks. You saved me frustration for the rest of the night!! :-)

Old 01-20-2017, 01:32 AM
Yama4fitty
Elder User

Just don't curse at me if it doesn't work

It did for me though

Now I just cannot seem to get the data to send via email from my tablet. I haven't spent the time really yet trying to figure it out, just resort to FORScan until I can mess with Torque again.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:25 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 411 Likes on 272 Posts
Originally Posted by Yama4fitty
There are two possibilities. One is that there are two options for PID's, one *F and other *C or there's multiples of a PID like "method 1", "method 2", "method 3". Choose them all and run the app. Delete the ones that display in *C and keep the *F.

Second is have you run the app with the vehicle yet? They will automatically adjust to use *F once the app is used.

I had both of those circs occur. There was a post on the Torque forums regarding the exact same situation and that's what they said to do. I loaded the PID's like you and saw the same thing. Followed those directions and it worked. Had to go back and delete a few PID's that only displayed *C and kept the *F.

Hope that helps.
Rep'd ya' for that one.

akblackfoot: another one that might not have been fixed is the transmission temp. If it tracks exactly with coolant, you'll need to edit the PID and change the OBD Header to read TCM

Old 01-20-2017, 01:31 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Yama4fitty

Just don't curse at me if it doesn't work

It did for me though

Now I just cannot seem to get the data to send via email from my tablet. I haven't spent the time really yet trying to figure it out, just resort to FORScan until I can mess with Torque again.

Assume you are logging data? I just attach the droid to my laptop via USB cable and use Explorer to go move the data files to the PC, then load them into Excel for playing with on that side... Depending on how many PIDs, the frequency of capture and how long you capture for, the files can get pretty big...

Old 01-20-2017, 02:36 PM
akblackfoot
Elder User
Originally Posted by diesel_dan
Rep'd ya' for that one.

akblackfoot: another one that might not have been fixed is the transmission temp. If it tracks exactly with coolant, you'll need to edit the PID and change the OBD Header to read TCM
Thanks! The Coolant PID actually says TCM on it. Is that transmission fluid or coolant it will read?

Old 01-20-2017, 02:43 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by akblackfoot
Thanks! The Coolant PID actually says TCM on it. Is that transmission fluid or coolant it will read?
Actually went and looked at the Torque editable PIDs (manage extra/custom PIDs) and I see one there that in the long description says (from TCM). Not the one I use though...

Easiest way to do this is plugged in with the truck running -- all the valid PIDs will show up as green when you set up a new gauge...

Old 01-20-2017, 04:34 PM
Yama4fitty
Elder User
Originally Posted by diesel_dan
another one that might not have been fixed is the transmission temp. If it tracks exactly with coolant, you'll need to edit the PID and change the OBD Header to read TCM

Assume you are logging data? I just attach the droid to my laptop via USB cable and use Explorer to go move the data files to the PC, then load them into Excel for playing with on that side... Depending on how many PIDs, the frequency of capture and how long you capture for, the files can get pretty big...
I noticed this on mine too that the coolant temp and trans temp followed one another. I will check that out myself here when it stops raining.

Yes, l am trying to log it. I go into the menu and start tracking, but when I attempt to share it via email the file will not attach. I can select the file I want and choose to use email. However, I will get an empty email with no file. I will have to try to hard connection to put into Excel. I use email easily for FORScan files and use Excel to convert from CSV files to be able to read them.

Thanks for reps and I rep'd ya back for your answers

Quick Reply: Torque Pro In Celsius