View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Delawhere?
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ford4x4956
hey i started this thread and forgot to update it on how i got the problem fixed. The reason the wrench light would come on is for oil cooler efficiency and all i did was do an iron flush on the cooling system and problem fixed its been like 3 weeks and no wrench light and ive been driving it kinda hard and still no wrench light so i guess that was it. I used 2 quarts of the ford iron flush, hope this helps
I too have the wrench light on when towing. Traveling to Florida it came on after I got to warmer climate from Georgia to Florida. It comes on after about 30 minutes of towing and goes off again after stopped for awhile, like at a rest area. But after driving 20-30 minutes the light comes on again. I haven't had any problems with losing power. My gauges all seem to read properly, my seperate trans temp is reading normal, turbo boost is normal, and EGT temp gauge normal. The odd thing is when I am driving and not towing I never get the wrench light. I am hoping that when I finally get to my next stop I will get it to a Ford dealer to check for a code, but I suspect it may be similar to your problem and needs a radiator cleaning. I have 52,000 miles on my truck and tow a 38 ft. fifth wheel.