Old 02-15-2011, 09:03 PM
2006lariat
Lead Driver
Received 228 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by gearloose1
Install it.

Be an alpha test site.

Be my guest.

So far, people who have tried the 58v mod have pretty mixed results -- ranging from no difference to codes --- separating the ones who just did the voltage and not additional software tuning.

I like my chassis mounted FICM just fine.

It is orders of magnitude more reliable than the engine mounted part.

Oh... yes... I have a standing request for Ford to come up with a derated tune for the 6.7 so I can get more life out of that motor!

If there is a way for me to do a programmed cylinder de-activation to get more fuel economy (technically possible with a newly designed and programmed FICM), I would do that too!

Right now, the back-of-the envelope economy gain from a programmed cylinder deactivation with 4-6-8 arrangement is yielding about a 10 to 15% estimated fuel savings --- nearly worthwhile to try.

I am optimizing for longevity and fuel economy.
Ford didnt seem to mind makin a million test trucks, than they did it again with the 6.4, o and whats next, a couple more test subjects with the 6.7! I dont understand why you hate all aftermarket parts? You berated Bulletproof Diesel forever, Than 1 day you recommended them (I am aware he answered some ?'s)! I think the ford ficm is a problem, so I would rather replace with an "upgraded" one, versus a known to be garbage one! Maybe just Maybe it is infact better!

Would you like me to email them with all your questions? Or maybe send them this link?