Thread: 2014 Super Duty
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 10:04 PM
FordxFour
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems to me that Ford could learn a thing or two from PACCAR(Kenworth and Peterbilt). Design a cab and a chassis as a standard and leave it alone. Why do Americans demand a new body style every year with even more creature comforts that jack up the price. Look at the Kenworth W900L and the Peterbilt 379. They've had basically the same body style for decades on a proven chassis. Offer it in different configurations/upgrades (power-train, suspension, etc.) and leave the basic truck alone.

I don't know why Ford even makes the 250 and the 350 anymore. It would make more sense to make one or the other but not both. If you want a soft ridin' grocery getter in a pick-up, go buy an F-150. I personally would not be interested in a boxed in frame for a work truck.

I was reading a post earlier today where a member here was debating a Ford or a Jaspar rebuilt Torqshift transmission. I about fainted when he was quoted $4800.00 from Ford to replace it. On top of that automatics is the only choice now. What about these new diesel engines that cost half of the price of the truck to replace. Utterly ridiculous for a light duty pickup if you ask me. Ok, my mini rant is over...Great Thread!!!