View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 07:19 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
snow storm coming tomorrow.sounds like a good one.
have them wired up together so they both run together on a 50A breaker and all seems well.
i turned the adjustment down,and the fans have little trouble making that T-stat go to sleep.
(at expense of less heat in the cab though.but i will turn it back up as i go down the road,and notice no troubles.)
these things are nice and loud,however can just hear 'em over the IDI's sweet clatter outside the cab.
since iv got the yellow wire hooked directly,i shut the truck off with the fans on,so i could hear 'em......pretty impressive.
so 'ill hook up to the plow tomorrow and see how she goes.
one speed: high and high lol.
i'll worry about fine tuning/maximizing economy with the dropping resistor come warm weather.
for now,driving over 20mph with the plow on will be nice.
wish me luck!

almost forgot,
when the fans come on going down the road,you feel nothing at all in the way of power from the engine.iv driven plenty of vehicles with e-fans and figured as much.but those still unsure if the power loss from the mechanical fan was simply traded to the alt in a 1:1 ratio(or anything close even),well....it doesn't.
the belt and alt would likely snap and pop anyway if that were the case lol.
now to just see if they can handle the job.

for running the windstar together as "high" only;
simply connect the two fans power leads and hook them to both the low and high output of the 2sp controller.
this way when the relays "swap" possessions,should the engine go up 10 degrees over your desired temp setting,rather than turn off,they will just keep running via the other relay.then your blue wire a/c trigger still works to force them on and everything.
you'll want to mount the controller in an easy to access location,and carry a very small flat head screwdriver so you can pull over and adjust it while watching your temps.after a trial run or two,that should pretty much be it,and it will all be auto controlled to keep your cool from there on out.no need to watch the temp gauge like a hawk all the time frigging with turning on/off switches etc.depending on how well they work,i'll know if i need to adjust the temp control with and without the plow.lower it so they turn on sooner with the plow hooked up,and set it back to turn on at 220-225 like id prefer without the plow on.we'll see how it goes.