Old 12-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Person25
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Radio Harness/Steering wheel controls

Hey guys, Im doing a new head unit (alpine iva w203). Ive gotten to the point of getting the OEM unit out of the dash, I see that there are two harness plugs going to the back of the radio. One larger than the other.

Instead of cutting the factory harness ive purchased the aftermarket harness to connect to the factory harness. which is here......Receiver Wire Harness For select Ford, Hyundai, Lincoln, and Mercury models, 2003-up at Crutchfield.com

What I dont know what to do with is the smaller of the factory harness plugs. Is that the steering wheel control plug? if so, where do I find that harness plug so i dont have to cut those wires. Im not seeing it on crutchfield. The alpine unit doesnt require any other connections so I am a bit stumped as to what i could be missing. Also, I did buy a SWI-JACK made by PAC, ive begun reading those instructions, but I defer to the guys here first. The harness on the SWI JACK plugs into the alpine unit, but the ends going to the steering wheel controls are just stripped wires. I really dont want to have to spilice any wires. any input?