View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 01:00 AM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rideracelivemx7
well basically, you got the black smoke thing LIGHTLY, if you asked this at say...another forum i have in mind youd get your **** reamed LOL

black smoke looks cool sometimes, if you want to show off to your buddys or at a party or something, but truth is, once you have smoke you dont want it any more. the best way to smoke is add a whole bunch of fuel and less air, you can get chips that add fuel and retard timing and that will smoke, wont move to save its life, my old tow setting smoked like a pig on stock injctors and just didnt move.

more fuel is more strain on turbo, so it would die much faster if your aiming for more power and to smoke alot.

the new trucks smoke more because they have common rail setups that allow 350+ additional rear wheel horse power. our crap stoneage injection system is good for a whopping 100hp if done correctly lol

its much more impressive if you see a diesel that can run 12s or 13s smokeless thann a truck that runs the same time just killing the tracks air!

YouTube - 11 Second Run in Common Rail Cummins

perfect example, truck on the left smokless! and kicked the truck onthe right that just blew 30$ in fuel. the more smoke you have the more the fire actually goes out, burning fuel is more hp.
I couldn't have put it better myself. I had an Edge Evolution for a while. Sure, it smoked, but i realized that when I pulled the program I had MORE power. If you all want to do is have a truck that smokes, then buy a 2nd Gen. Cummins and take the fuel plate out. Alot cheaper and plus then it won't make ford drivers look like morons.