View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 01:59 PM
WashingtonBobcat
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Tanker Explodes near Mr. Cleans House at Four Corners

I was trying to find information about a fuel tanker that exploded near Mr. Clean's house near Four Corners just outside of Bozeman. I found your blog and comments about the natural gas explosion in Bozeman. I thought perhaps some of you might be familiar with this one. It happened in 1960 +/-

My friend Doug Boylan was driving a stock truck back to his ranch with his new Black Angus bull in the back. He stopped at the stop sign. There was a double rigged fuel tanker behind him. The brakes on the trailer was not hooked up or was working improperly and he ran into the back of Doug's truck. The Bull hit the pavement and was totally ticked off. He went straight through the fence and proceeded to tear down fence--they found him six miles away, still alive and still ticked. There was a picture in the front page of the Bozeman Chronicle and it looked like an atomic bomb blast--huge mushroom. Mr. Clean's yard was soaked with fuel and the trucking company had to replace all the top soil etc around his house (probably a quarter of an acre or so) and I believe had to dig down twelve feet +/-. Mr. Clean was not a happy camper. Any info or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks