Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: jredline1984

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Junior User

1974SuperCabF250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Explosion in Bozeman

Did you hear about the big natural gas explosion in downtown Bozeman today?
Old 03-06-2009, 12:26 AM
Elder User

DasCheckers has a good reputation on FTE.DasCheckers has a good reputation on FTE.
Sure did! Everyone has by now I think!
Montana's News Station - Fair. Accurate. To the Point. -UPDATE: Local emergency declared in Bozeman; one unaccounted for

Sad to see the R Bar and Boodles get damaged, and Lily Lu and The Legion and the carpet store!

Here's some photos my good friend Rusty took.
All photos Copyright Rusty Wolanski, 2009.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Elder User

ShamelessMT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Crazy thing to have happen. And yes, I think everyone knows by now. My mom even called me this afternoon (she lives in Miles City) to ask me about it.

You know, if it was the old R Bar I might miss it, but being that it was the new, yuppified version, it doesn't bother me at all. However, I will miss having the occasional Salt & Pepper Martini from Boodles (hey, when I go yuppie I go all the way).

Old 03-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Junior User

1974SuperCabF250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yeah, it was quite a scene...
Old 03-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Elder User

DasCheckers has a good reputation on FTE.DasCheckers has a good reputation on FTE.
Yeah I'm glad it didn't happen at a different time! We were planning on having dinner with a bunch of friends across the street last night too, then they were all gonna head to The R Bar (Right next to the building that blew up.)

The debris in the trees is crazy!

This makes me worry about my fiance though, she works a few blocks down in another ancient building that probably has old gas lines and not new ones.

And dang man, when you go yuppie you do go all the way haha.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:59 PM
New User

WashingtonBobcat is starting off with a positive reputation.
Fuel Tanker Explodes near Mr. Cleans House at Four Corners

I was trying to find information about a fuel tanker that exploded near Mr. Clean's house near Four Corners just outside of Bozeman. I found your blog and comments about the natural gas explosion in Bozeman. I thought perhaps some of you might be familiar with this one. It happened in 1960 +/-

My friend Doug Boylan was driving a stock truck back to his ranch with his new Black Angus bull in the back. He stopped at the stop sign. There was a double rigged fuel tanker behind him. The brakes on the trailer was not hooked up or was working improperly and he ran into the back of Doug's truck. The Bull hit the pavement and was totally ticked off. He went straight through the fence and proceeded to tear down fence--they found him six miles away, still alive and still ticked. There was a picture in the front page of the Bozeman Chronicle and it looked like an atomic bomb blast--huge mushroom. Mr. Clean's yard was soaked with fuel and the trucking company had to replace all the top soil etc around his house (probably a quarter of an acre or so) and I believe had to dig down twelve feet +/-. Mr. Clean was not a happy camper. Any info or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-29-2010, 03:30 PM
MT Head Cheese

jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.jredline1984 has a spectacular reputation.
Wow, thats way before my time, lol. You may want to post in a more frequented forum as the traffic in here has been slow of late. I will ask around and see what I can find.
~Corey #3, Slackmaster #17 & Avid Winter Hater
'79 Indy Pace Truck Build '07 F150 4X4

Residents click Here to Join the Chapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluxetruck View Post
"I don't always order carbs. But when I do, I order the biggest mf'er I can find." -The most interesting internet engine builder in the world.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:30 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Montana Chapter

Tags
blows, bozeman, building, corners, engine, explode, explosion, ford, mains, montana, rusty, steer, truck, trucks, wolanski