View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 12:27 PM
SWDoodle
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ricohman
I just bought a new 2010 6.8. I drove a few 6.2's but all had 3.73's. My buddy ended up buying a 6.2 and I bought the 6.8 as I had a 6.8 previously.
My buddys gets 1 mpg better then me consistently. I have yet to tow anyhting with my truck so I can't compare that.
The 6.8 feels like it has more go from a standstill and when cruising. To tell you the truth I couldn't feel any difference in the transmissions even though the 6.2 has a completely different trans. The interiors are pretty much the same for comfort but my F350 is a bit stiffer than my buddys 6.2 F250.
The extra torque of the 6.8 is obvious and since it comes standard with 4.10's it is noticable. But if you want a flex fuel motor the 6.2 is your only choice. These trucks are so close in performance that the best deal may be the best truck.
Don't buy a 6.2 thinking you are going to get 20mpg though. These truck are heavy.

No I'm not buying thinking about mileage. I know it will be lousey, but anything is an HD is pretty crappy know days. Thanks a lot for the reply. It's real world information that I'm after. One would have to assume that the 6.8 will have more "pull" than the 6.2 since it is rated at more torque and is a bigger motor. I'll keep digging for info but this is great.