View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 08:23 PM
KC8QVO
Cargo Master
Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
I don't know that I could live with a compact truck like a ranger, but if there was a diesel 1/2 ton out when I got my super duty I would have a hard time passing it up. I thought the 4.4L idea was the best thing to hit the truck market when I heard about it. Everyone is right that says it would bring fantastic sales to the light truck market. The people that drive a pickup truck these days as a daily driver and grocery getter, with an occasional lawn/garden/home improvement job to do on the weekends, would probably go bonkers with one that could get upwards of 40mpg at the same time.

That having been said, I am not sure I could down size too much after getting in my super duty. I got a truck because I need a truck. I wanted more stability and tow capacity over my 1/2 ton chevy and I've always wanted a diesel. Things just lined up right and I ended in my 6.4L 250 in my sig. Its a fantastic truck!

I figure this one will buy me some time to watch the market. Who knows what will come later on down the line. I surely hope the diesels get even better mileage as the generations go by. It's too bad the EPA has F'ed everything up right now, but at the same time things have to start somewhere. The 6.4L only lasted 3 years and the 6.7L came out - it was just a transition period for Ford while they were in the works on the 6.7. Everyone is in a constant state of R/D, we just have to watch and see what the fruits of their labor end up being, albiet with a hefty hand on the emissions side from the EPA.