View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 02:07 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Have some EFI exhaust manifolds on the way. Getting them through a guy here on FTE. Should have them in the next couple weeks.

On another note, changed the oil today. Didn't have any luck finding the rotella-t 10w-30, so I just went to the valvoline conventional, and found some zddp additive. Started by putting a can of sea-foam in the truck, then drove it around for a while. Ran noticeably better, and quieter. Had my brother help me, so that he could start learning how to work on his own vehicles. Started tinkering around with the truck and found the air filter housing to be shaking pretty good. So I tightened the wing bolt on the top. When I pushed down on the assembly, I noticed the truck running differently. Took the air cleaner off, and found the carb to be shaking pretty well. THE SCREWS HOLDING THE CARB TO THE EGR WERE EXTREMELY LOOSE! Unfortunately they are extremely difficult to get to. After standing on my head, and doing some acrobatics under the hood, I managed to get them pretty tight. Needless to say, it is running quite a bit better. It was a successful day under the hood of the ol' ford!