View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 02:16 PM
pebeme
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 99' with 305,500 miles and just the other day the water temperature elbow started shooting fluid out after a 50 mile trip, mind you I changed this same fitting a year ago (dealer only item for $31)(go to your Mazda dealer for parts they are cheaper $24 then Ford $31) when I changed the water pump and thermostat.

After a flush and all that goes with it all was good for a day then I started smelling exhaust in the radiator (changed it out 1.8 years before this) then it started to sputter at idle and then it started running VERY HOT. I left it at a friends place and it seems that the heads or the gaskets have taken a dive.

I'm done I was in a airplane crash back in 1992 and I cannot work on vehicles anymore although I keep telling myself I can I pay for it dearly after I'm done for days or weeks.

I did notice that the overflow bottle needed constant refill and would boil fluid like mad after some drives especially when I turn on the AC.

Will be posting her in the wants ad here today, she's very clean with lots of new stuff and a stereo system that will rock your sock BUT 305,500 miles she is a good Mazda/Ford truck just needs a new caretaker.