Thread: ProCharger
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 01:35 PM
eddiemoney
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tylus
been gone for a while and just saw this.

the 07+ Expy runs the same intake and air box plumbing as a 2009+ F-150. so you can't use the 2004-2008 F-150 stuff that is plentiful and cheap.
the MAF and associated wiring are in completely different places, plus you have to account for the Tranny Control Module that the 07+ models have. the older 04-08 F-150's don't have this module, so it makes programming the tranny a PITA
Saleen actually made a 4 psi blower for the Expy that gave her a 400 HP rating. But then they went under and got restructured as some other company. Most tuning companies can make this kit pretty easily. I've spoken with Brenspeed about one for my Expy, and they are confident they can pull it off without any issues. I'd rather put a blower on my Mustang first though

If you are going to run a blower, the 5.4 3v loves positive displacement blowers. a procharger (centri blower) relies on higher rpm to really crank up the HP. Which would be a bad combo for a 6,000+ lbs SUV that typically sees lower RPM's in the 1,000 to 3,000 range.

with a ProCharger that blower would barely ever get into the the rpm's high enough to make full boost...therefore a waste of $$$ in my eyes. My 06 F-150 with the RoushCharger made damn near 6 psi of boost right off of idle. Pure fun when you put your foot down

btw, yes I have a need for power...but my budget doesn't support
Very interesting on the blower differences, I was unaware.. . . . good to know the differences.

The only car I have ever owned with boost is my wife's subaru legacy gt, runs 14psi on the turbo. While that kick is fun, I tend to prefer the more linear power that a charger can provide.