Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Senior User

eddiemoney is starting off with a positive reputation.
ProCharger

I have a direct contact to procharger and am discussing with them the possibility of them converting their F150 setup to work on the expedition. If I can convince them to do it who all would be interested? Figure it would be in the same price range as the F150.

http://www.procharger.com/pdf/2009_F150.pdf
Old 09-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Senior User

gpfarrell is starting off with a positive reputation.
Assuming that if it worked on an Expy it would work on a Navigator... I'd be interested in at least seeing dyno charts to see the torque curve!
Old 09-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Nah, my motor has enough problems with the oem HP, let alone more. Tranny and rear end would wear out quicker too.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpfarrell View Post
Assuming that if it worked on an Expy it would work on a Navigator... I'd be interested in at least seeing dyno charts to see the torque curve!
I will see what I can snag for them on the F150, should be similar

Berry, I don't remember reading about too many issues you had. What specifically are you discussing?

It will wear out everything else, but even if I have one extra rebuild over the life of the truck I think it would be worth it for the fun!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:34 AM
Senior User

CarbonClear is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would agree with Berry.

Plus whats the point if getting more hp if your not getting better handling? Go down the dark path with a charger, then your going to need a bigger brake kit just to stop it.
2004 Honda Crv
2003 Ford F350 XLT, 7.3 Diesel 4x4 (Sold)
2001 Porsche Carrera Cab
Old 09-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Senior User

gpfarrell is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oh, I think there's room for a little more hp/torque before adding bigger binders.

If we were discussing sports cars that got to play on road-racing tracks I'd completely agree... more horsepower generally just smokes the factory brakes faster.

But with our SUV's, I'm primarily interested in a bit more grunt. Frankly I don't think even our heavyweight 4wd Navigator L needs it, but then again I really don't need a Navigator L either, right? Our Navi runs out OK, but a bit more oomph could really be entertaining. I wouldn't drive any faster with more HP, I'd just be able to get up to the same speed a litte bit sooner.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Postmaster

I agree, a little more power would be nice, but not if it comes with a $6,000 price tag. I would rather take that money and get another old truck with a 460 in it.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Elder User

jokerforever is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jokerforever is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Wow. This is something new. I have never seen so many people reject having more power before. Any other forum on this site is filled to the brim with folks wanting to get every pony out of their trucks. But here you guys are, with a great opportunity, and all you can say is "nah, we don't need it".

Excess is the American way! Yes, I want a supercharger in my Expo (wrong year though, I'm personally working on a Lightning engine swap)! Yes, I want a stroker for my big block F350! Yes, the wife is going to get a blower and fortified poked and stroked short block in her Mustang and there maybe a little laughing gas ran through it too! And you’ll see me waving the flag, and holding my head up high. If you don't 500+ horses in everything that you drive then the terrorists win.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerforever View Post
Wow. This is something new. I have never seen so many people reject having more power before. Any other forum on this site is filled to the brim with folks wanting to get every pony out of their trucks. But here you guys are, with a great opportunity, and all you can say is "nah, we don't need it".

Excess is the American way! Yes, I want a supercharger in my Expo (wrong year though, I'm personally working on a Lightning engine swap)! Yes, I want a stroker for my big block F350! Yes, the wife is going to get a blower and fortified poked and stroked short block in her Mustang and there maybe a little laughing gas ran through it too! And you’ll see me waving the flag, and holding my head up high. If you don't 500+ horses in everything that you drive then the terrorists win.
And strap a jet engine too it and let er rip, for our sake, please.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Elder User

jokerforever is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jokerforever is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I hope you realize that was a good nature post--hence the smiley faces. Don't take life too seriously; it'll age you before your time. I know...

Oh, and yea, a jet engine could be cool but I don't think Ford ever made one. I would never run anything but a Ford in a Ford.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:54 AM
Senior User

FlyByNight is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Oh, and yea, a jet engine could be cool but I don't think Ford ever made one. I would never run anything but a Ford in a Ford.
Somebody did, Check this out! Jet Engine Ford F-150 (Street-legal) Truck Pushes 2,700 HP! | Aftermarket Blog at InternetAutoGuide.com
Old 09-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
Dude! That's cool. In Hot Rod Mag a few months ago they showed a Chevy pickup with one under the hood and I recall seeing one in a shoebox Chevy back in the 90s. I also think Jay Leno has a street legal one.

Isn't it great to be American. We can build jet powered cars, monster trucks, wheelie cars, hot rods, lowriders, choppers, supercharged grocery getters, run at Bonneville, jump out of planes, surf either coast, climb mountains, fish, hunt, drink and be merry or set around and complain about how everybody else wants to live their lives. And we can all do this just for fun!

Old 09-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Senior User

FlyByNight is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Isn't it great to be American.

Right on Bro Even when the chips are down, and I know they're down for a lot of people right now. ******** width="480" height="385">

*********>
Old 09-25-2010, 06:04 AM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.Tylus has a spectacular reputation.
been gone for a while and just saw this.

the 07+ Expy runs the same intake and air box plumbing as a 2009+ F-150. so you can't use the 2004-2008 F-150 stuff that is plentiful and cheap.
the MAF and associated wiring are in completely different places, plus you have to account for the Tranny Control Module that the 07+ models have. the older 04-08 F-150's don't have this module, so it makes programming the tranny a PITA
Saleen actually made a 4 psi blower for the Expy that gave her a 400 HP rating. But then they went under and got restructured as some other company. Most tuning companies can make this kit pretty easily. I've spoken with Brenspeed about one for my Expy, and they are confident they can pull it off without any issues. I'd rather put a blower on my Mustang first though

If you are going to run a blower, the 5.4 3v loves positive displacement blowers. a procharger (centri blower) relies on higher rpm to really crank up the HP. Which would be a bad combo for a 6,000+ lbs SUV that typically sees lower RPM's in the 1,000 to 3,000 range.

with a ProCharger that blower would barely ever get into the the rpm's high enough to make full boost...therefore a waste of $$$ in my eyes. My 06 F-150 with the RoushCharger made damn near 6 psi of boost right off of idle. Pure fun when you put your foot down

btw, yes I have a need for power...but my budget doesn't support
Old 09-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylus View Post
been gone for a while and just saw this.

the 07+ Expy runs the same intake and air box plumbing as a 2009+ F-150. so you can't use the 2004-2008 F-150 stuff that is plentiful and cheap.
the MAF and associated wiring are in completely different places, plus you have to account for the Tranny Control Module that the 07+ models have. the older 04-08 F-150's don't have this module, so it makes programming the tranny a PITA
Saleen actually made a 4 psi blower for the Expy that gave her a 400 HP rating. But then they went under and got restructured as some other company. Most tuning companies can make this kit pretty easily. I've spoken with Brenspeed about one for my Expy, and they are confident they can pull it off without any issues. I'd rather put a blower on my Mustang first though

If you are going to run a blower, the 5.4 3v loves positive displacement blowers. a procharger (centri blower) relies on higher rpm to really crank up the HP. Which would be a bad combo for a 6,000+ lbs SUV that typically sees lower RPM's in the 1,000 to 3,000 range.

with a ProCharger that blower would barely ever get into the the rpm's high enough to make full boost...therefore a waste of $$$ in my eyes. My 06 F-150 with the RoushCharger made damn near 6 psi of boost right off of idle. Pure fun when you put your foot down

btw, yes I have a need for power...but my budget doesn't support
Very interesting on the blower differences, I was unaware.. . . . good to know the differences.

The only car I have ever owned with boost is my wife's subaru legacy gt, runs 14psi on the turbo. While that kick is fun, I tend to prefer the more linear power that a charger can provide.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:35 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
0408, 3v, 460, 54, 54l, chart, cooler, dyno, expedition, f150, ford, fprd, kit, navigator, procharger, roushcharger, w