Old 09-04-2010, 03:36 PM
FordEscapeArtist
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A HUGE THANK YOU!!!!! To Dehamma. I had the same problem with my 2001 Ford Escape and had pretty much accepted it even though it was very aggrivating. Read through the thread here, and I got a crowbar and *gently* pulled out the plastic cover just from the top- it's still attached on the bottom- just enough so I could pull up on what I assumed was the lock (it has a white accordian plastic thing on it around a blackish metal peice. Pull up on it to unlock and push down on it to re-lock). Awesome!!!! Enabled me to dumpster dive just now. If I could pay you, I would. Want some chocolate chip cookies by mail?

Originally Posted by dehamma
I had the same problem with my '02 Escape. Get in the back and pull the interior panel off from the top. It is held on by insert clips. After that, your problem (or mine was) the actuator that lacks the glass and door. Just move the actuator rod up to allow thw latch to work. My actuator is bad so I left it up to use the hatch and glass, but I can't lock it until I replace the actuator.

Hope this helps.