View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 12:31 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Fordfanatic4life
doesnt the 3V pcm require the torqshift trans ???

and is it possible to use the 2V pcm on a 3V headed V10 ???

sounds like a nitemare to me..
The guy who did it and got run off used the 2V pcm, a cobbled-together throttle body adapter to use the 2-valve throttle body on the 3-valve intake (I think, or maybe just cable setup on the 3-valve throttle body, don't remember) and found that the cam position sensor threw a code.

I was trying to work on that code with him when he got into the "kit" and got disgusted. Never figured that one out, but I suspect the clearance was too high between the cam magnet and the sensor, and the 3-valve PCM was more sensitive so it didn't care. Or, the cam magnet was in a slightly different place and the PCM was smart enough to deal with it. He said it ran good, had more power than the 2-valver. With a custom tune, who knows WHAT it could do. A small amount of machining to the face of the cam sensor bung, and again, who knows if that would have helped.

Going into it fresh, a person would have to compare the clearance between the sensor and the magnet on both the 2-valve and 3-valve, and see if the magnet was in the exact same spot, degree wise.

Interesting project.

If I had to do an engine rebuild on a 2-valve, I'd probably try it