View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 03:54 PM
4dthinker
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello! New owner here.

Hi everyone.

I bought my blue XLT Wagon on August 12 this year, and so far it's been a great experience to own. I had to adjust my garage door opener so it would open up as high as possible, and knew that the Connect would fit before I brought one home. The stock radio and speakers had to go though. I replaced the door speakers first with some Alpines (5.25"). That helped tremendously. I've just had the stock radio/CD player replaced with a Pioneer touchscreen nav unit. I'll be having a rear camera, amp, rear door speakers, and monitor for the back seat installed on Monday. The monitor will mount on the overhead shelf. I'm using an old 2-channel 80w amp I had to drive the rear speakers. It will mount under one of the front seats.

My first tank of gas made 22mpg. I'm still on my second. My wife claims the ride is better than that in my old car, a 2003 Pontiac Vibe. I agree, although with no load in the rear it's still a little bouncy on rough pavement.

I love the view from the driver's seat. Obviously great headroom. Lots of glass, yet good shading on a sunny day.

I'm glad I found this forum. Not very many TC owners in the US seem to have found it yet. As far as I know I'm only the 3rd TC in my town.

4D