Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2010, 03:54 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

4dthinker is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hello! New owner here.

Hi everyone.

I bought my blue XLT Wagon on August 12 this year, and so far it's been a great experience to own. I had to adjust my garage door opener so it would open up as high as possible, and knew that the Connect would fit before I brought one home. The stock radio and speakers had to go though. I replaced the door speakers first with some Alpines (5.25"). That helped tremendously. I've just had the stock radio/CD player replaced with a Pioneer touchscreen nav unit. I'll be having a rear camera, amp, rear door speakers, and monitor for the back seat installed on Monday. The monitor will mount on the overhead shelf. I'm using an old 2-channel 80w amp I had to drive the rear speakers. It will mount under one of the front seats.

My first tank of gas made 22mpg. I'm still on my second. My wife claims the ride is better than that in my old car, a 2003 Pontiac Vibe. I agree, although with no load in the rear it's still a little bouncy on rough pavement.

I love the view from the driver's seat. Obviously great headroom. Lots of glass, yet good shading on a sunny day.

I'm glad I found this forum. Not very many TC owners in the US seem to have found it yet. As far as I know I'm only the 3rd TC in my town.

4D
Old 07-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

artfd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'd like to know how your rig travels when it's loaded to capacity, doing continuous highway speeds with A/C on and a lot of uphill driving. None of the Transit's reviews seem to mention that scenario.
For contrast I recently took a heavily loaded 2001 F150, A/C on all the time from Knoxville TN across Jellico Mountain to the Cincinnati area on I-75, got 17.7 mpg at 65-70 mph. This was using no-ethanol regular unleaded gas.
2001 F150 4.2L gas, bought at 11,000 miles & have 108,000 on it. Getting 14 mpg around town & 17-21 mpg on interstates depending on wind & slopes. I replaced my rusted out radiator core support in my backyard last winter, it only too me 5 months. If I'm lucky I can use this truck another 3 or 4 years before it falls apart from rust.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:27 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

4dthinker is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi, Artfd. I haven't had a chance to load my TC up yet, and the one trip at highway speeds was only barely challenged by a few of the flint hills in eastern Kansas. That was brand new with just my wife and I in it. I just got it back from the A/V installers today, and it probably won't get a heavy load (except for people) until Christmas. Mine has the rear seats in it. I've seen a couple around town being used as delivery/service vehicles, and the appear to be a good fit for the people/companies using them. There was a small chance I'd be driving it from Kansas to Atlanta, GA end of August, but that fell through. I'm afraid I'm not the one to answer your questions as mine is just for personal use.

4D
Old 07-20-2010, 03:27 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect

Tags
2010, connect, ford, forum, transit