View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 05:12 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
supercharger swap

Depending on how you want to set it up. If you are wanting to set it up exactly like the Lightning, then a new computer would be needed. If not, you could chip yours with a program for the supercharger and any other mods. If all you have is the supercharger and intake, there are a few other pieces you need. See if you can get all the parts you can off the Lightning.

I do not have a Lightning, but know the supercharger install. Check the front of your engine and the front of the Lightning engine for brackets. You will probably need another idler pulley and different belt. Also, on the supercharger and intake - does it have the intake elbow to be able to connect your throttle body to? Does the intake have blowout valve (I don't know if the Lightning uses it or not) ?

Your 5.4 came with 19lb injectors, right?!?!? You might want to go to 24lb to be safe, depending on the boost pressure. Anything over about 6 lbs would need at least 24lb injectors. When you do, you have to recaliibrate your mass air to match the injectors.

I haven't looked at either engine close enough to remember it all - just trying to give you some extra info on what this might entail.

I wish someone would have given me my supercharger...

Let me know what you find out...

Last edited by CobraXP; 08-21-2003 at 05:14 PM.