View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 04:58 PM
rockstate45
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Reunel bumpers being ridiculously strong. I'd love one if I could afford one.

However, I can't, and Ranch Hand is what I'd stick with.

The "Legend Series" Front Bumper Replacement is the toughest product on the market and has been field tested in extreme conditions. The standard front end and the 8-9K winch option come standard with a 4" schedule 40 pipe bumper and the 15K winch option comes standard with a 1/4" formed channel bumper. Both provide maximum protection for your vehicle. 2" receiver hitch is standard on all Legend front bumper replacements.

Above is what Ranch Hand says about the Legend series bumper.

For about a grand, you get a heck of a bumper. As a matter of fact, you're not going to see a Ranch Hand deformed in a collision.

BOTH the Reunel and Ranch Hand will be far sturdier than the frame, and even total out the vehicle it's on in a collision.

I've pushed vehicles wiht just my BRUSH guard and it hasn't moved. Dumpsters, trees, you name it, it's been pushed. No damage. My buddy's Ranch Hand on his Duramax has been through HELL and back... and actually is a bit bent up, the bottom bar and the mesh grille. Saved his truck from quite a few bucks and a lot of other things. The one that did the damage is pushing a 300 lb steel shelf into a tree - not the 60 mph hit into the shelfing lol.

Long story short, you're going to total the truck far before you total or bend the bumper. It's personal preference as to what you find is "prettier." i'm a fan of the ranch style bumpers, but like Reunel as well and was contemplating the rear bumper for my truck (but not for TWICE as much before shipping and coating... which after it was all said and done gonna be about 3 times as a Ranch Hand rear bumper for my truck).

-rockstate