Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Senior User

HUBBSTER is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.HUBBSTER is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
New Bad to the Bone Reunel Bumper

Very Mad Max

My mechanic just sent me these shots, will get better ones when I get home next week

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Before w wimpy stock bumper
Old 06-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Senior User

Hollywood703 is starting off with a positive reputation.
It doesnt look very thick? how much does it weigh? do you run a plow as I see the dual receivers on the front..

If you like it its all that matters......
Old 06-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Junior User

TexasEx is starting off with a positive reputation.
I like my Ranch Hand "Creamer" better.....because anything that hits it is getting creamed!

1.5" schedule 40 cross bars built around 4" schedule 80 tube all encased with a stamped grill inserts along with a 2" front receiver. All of the vertical peices are 3/8" steel. All of which is powder coated gloss black. PA-TOW!!! How you like me now?!?!?

Old 06-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Posting Guru

fordboy67 has much to be proud offordboy67 has much to be proud offordboy67 has much to be proud offordboy67 has much to be proud offordboy67 has much to be proud offordboy67 has much to be proud offordboy67 has much to be proud offordboy67 has much to be proud offordboy67 has much to be proud offordboy67 has much to be proud of
I'm usually not a big fan of the big front bumpers, I think they make the truck look like it has an underbite! But I do like the look of that new Reunel. Looks like it would take quite an impact!
Old 06-18-2010, 02:29 AM
Junior User

SAR Skipper is starting off with a positive reputation.
Do you have anymore shots of it, say full length of the truck for an overall appearance?

Also as the other asked. Whats the weight and composite (Aluminum, steel, mix?)

I like it!
Old 06-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Senior User

HUBBSTER is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.HUBBSTER is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Its around 300 # of steel

I haven't seen it in person yet but I like the looks of it

Gonna get the rear 1 too w a tire & fuel carrier
Old 06-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Senior User

blowhole is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasEx View Post
I like my Ranch Hand "Creamer" better.....because anything that hits it is gettig creamed!

That bumper is gigantic - I didn't think it was possible to make the Ex look front heavy - but you have succeeded!! (I could lay down on that bumper and have room to roll around!!)
sold --> [ 2005 Excursion - Eddie Bauer - 6.0L PS ] : DieselSite Coolant Filter : Zoodad w/ Z-Plate : 4" MBRP TB Exhaust w/ 5" tip & No Cat : Thule Rack on stock rails : ISSPro Boost & Trans Temp & EGT : Fumoto Valve : Silverstar Lamps
Old 06-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood703 View Post
It doesnt look very thick? how much does it weigh? do you run a plow as I see the dual receivers on the front..

Not much plowing to be done in Miami, then again streets are a mess after the Hurricanes

I just got as many options as I could on it for any potential future use
Old 06-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Junior User

TexasEx is starting off with a positive reputation.
[quote=That bumper is gigantic - I didn't think it was possible to make the Ex look front heavy - but you have succeeded!! (I could lay down on that bumper and have room to roll around!!)[/quote]

This is true. I like the look because it makes this already huge truck look even bigger! It must stick out another 14" inches or so. When I install the rear bumper it'll even things out a bit.....another 12" inches to the rear!

And.....I still need to weld on vertical pieces under the headlights.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:13 AM
Elder User

BigRy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUBBSTER View Post
Not much plowing to be done in Miami, then again streets are a mess after the Hurricanes

I just got as many options as I could on it for any potential future use

For when the Zombies invade.... thats what I say when people ask me when they see my collection of AR15's (5) with one of them having an M203 attachment, (which is for smoke and flare use only - thats what I tell the government at least).
Don't you just love the smell of diesel in the morning......
Old 06-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Posting Guru

rockstate45 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm a fan of the RH bumpers. That thing looks massive. What all you hit with that thing?

I have just the brush guard on my truck and it's saved me from two new front ends (women drivers can't drive...)

-rockstate
Ranch Hand Grille Guard,
BFG AT KO 285/65/r18

1998 Ford Expedition 5.4, 4x4
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...5/100_0870.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...h_100_1201.jpg
Old 06-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Posting Guru

soutthpaw has a good reputation on FTE.soutthpaw has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood703 View Post

Hollywood you are way off base on that, Reunel happen to be the heaviest duty bumpers on the market today, the main bumper is all 1/4 to 3/8 steel plate... Looks awesome by the way.... one of the few whose function is equal to its form...

Oh and unless they changed the way they make them the grill guard bars are solid 1" steel bar and the cross pieces are 1/4" wall tubing the upright I think are 1/2" plate and it will eat a RH bumper for Breakfast...

You do actually get what you pay for with Reunel bumpers....
Project: 94' Isuzu FSR Crewcab 12' flatbed dump
Old 06-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Posting Guru

rockstate45 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I agree with Reunel bumpers being ridiculously strong. I'd love one if I could afford one.

However, I can't, and Ranch Hand is what I'd stick with.

The "Legend Series" Front Bumper Replacement is the toughest product on the market and has been field tested in extreme conditions. The standard front end and the 8-9K winch option come standard with a 4" schedule 40 pipe bumper and the 15K winch option comes standard with a 1/4" formed channel bumper. Both provide maximum protection for your vehicle. 2" receiver hitch is standard on all Legend front bumper replacements.

Above is what Ranch Hand says about the Legend series bumper.

For about a grand, you get a heck of a bumper. As a matter of fact, you're not going to see a Ranch Hand deformed in a collision.

BOTH the Reunel and Ranch Hand will be far sturdier than the frame, and even total out the vehicle it's on in a collision.

I've pushed vehicles wiht just my BRUSH guard and it hasn't moved. Dumpsters, trees, you name it, it's been pushed. No damage. My buddy's Ranch Hand on his Duramax has been through HELL and back... and actually is a bit bent up, the bottom bar and the mesh grille. Saved his truck from quite a few bucks and a lot of other things. The one that did the damage is pushing a 300 lb steel shelf into a tree - not the 60 mph hit into the shelfing lol.

Long story short, you're going to total the truck far before you total or bend the bumper. It's personal preference as to what you find is "prettier." i'm a fan of the ranch style bumpers, but like Reunel as well and was contemplating the rear bumper for my truck (but not for TWICE as much before shipping and coating... which after it was all said and done gonna be about 3 times as a Ranch Hand rear bumper for my truck).

-rockstate
Ranch Hand Grille Guard,
BFG AT KO 285/65/r18

1998 Ford Expedition 5.4, 4x4
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...5/100_0870.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...h_100_1201.jpg
Old 06-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Posting Guru

UrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputation
I like both bumpers the Reunel and the Ranch Hand, they both look HEAVY DUTY. Personally I would go with the Ranch Hand, but I would not think twice about a Reunel as I like it as well.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:40 AM
Semper Fi MOFO!

Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
greythorn3
man that reunel is nice! i wanna make one that looks like it, but with a winch mount in the center.

Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition. Semper Fi
Old 06-21-2010, 04:40 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
10, 150, 1997, 2009, bumper, bumpers, excursion, f250, ford, front, make, max, rear, reunel, truck