View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 10:30 PM
JonathanN
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HPOP O-ring Repair WITH Pictures!

Due to a sudden oil leak, I found out I had a blown O-ring in my HPOP (thanks to Clay of "Riffraff Diesel" and "Superior Diesel" of VA for their advice as well as "Visseroth" of FTE for his help in determining what sensor it was that I broke). After I got my O-rings, I got to work!

One for reference in case I have issues getting it back together:

It's in there somewhere...

Spider out:

There's alot of oil in there:

Here's a picture of the HPOP... that's the back-side of the fuel bowl there. I've got the fittings and plug out now (notice I broke my ICP sensor ):

The dastardly deed that cause my mess:

Everything out/off the pump, cleaned up, and new O-rings installed (yes, I used Lok-Tite)... those black rings are the rubber collars for the quick-disconnects on the oil supply lines:

While I had it apart, I decided to clean/degrease my IC boots, tubes, and spider... I must've had a leak because I got a nice jump in power when I got it all back together, not to mention the enhanced look!

It fixed the problem and now I'm leak free (except for that stubborn oil plug on the pan)! I would recommend doing an HPx while you've got it appart... it makes it much easier! You don't have to take the spider out, but I took mine out to do the HPx as well as also try to clean it up a bit. You can see my HPx here. PM me with any questions and I'll do my best to answer them!