View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 09:41 PM
m-chan68
Lead Driver
Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
Frankly, I knew this was coming ahead of time. It was only a matter of WHEN. This is what is known as the flat rate game. While everyone else working in other professions are getting their pay INCREASED with raises and such, us techs are constantly getting our pay DECREASED with periodic issuing of updated labour time standards and "TSBs" (I call them To Save our Butts). You can thank a lot of "Super Techs" that brag about secret shortcuts, and exagerate the time they can complete a particular repair in, by posting on various and message boards and such. Next thing you know VOILA, a new TSB or labour time is issued, and techs everywhere will REFUSE to do the said repair in the new and revised time allowance, leaving the job to be done by hourly paid apprentices (with guidance from licensed techs of course).

Back to the topic at hand, I'm not the least bit surprised that this TSB was released, since the time I was introduced to the soldering "repair" (haven't actually tried it myself). If anything, I'm only wondering why it took so long for Ford to release it.