Thread: IDM problems?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 03:42 PM
schlepprock250
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by brettdacosta
No mod that I'm aware of and no, haven't replaced the CPS (that I know of - had the truck about 5K miles). The fuel filter was replaced within the past 5K miles. The oil filter was changed (I'm assuming) when Bean's did the injectors and an oil change about 2K miles ago. I had similar (but not exact) problems before Beans diagnosed it as the injector O-rings, however when the engine reached operating temperature the issues quit. This time, the issues weren't until the engine warmed up for a while. Once the injectors were replaced, I had no issues until yesterday when I experience the issue too severe to drive...

The engine sputtered (I thought I was almost out of gas), so I turned around to find a gas station (still with a 1/4 tank though), and got to the red light (running really rough), and it died. Took probably 4-5 minutes of intermittened attempting to start for 10-15 seconds every time before eventually it turned over, and ran really rough (low power) until I got to the dealership. The guy at the dealership drove it after I had checked out the fluids and such and let it cool for about 5 minutes. It just sorta ticked and had less power than normal until he felt it die after about 3/4 mile of getting on it. Same restart procedure until we limped back to the dealership.

Thanks for the concern and the fast responses. You guys are great. Let me know if you need any more info.
You said you still had a quarter tank,has the fuel level been that low through this whole event?Mine has run out/spit and sputtered at a quarter tank twice on me,theres an "in-tank" mod that helps these trucks,I would definately check the small things(the in-tank mod is not a small thing but im just pointing out the issues with these trucks) as told on here before spending that money bones at the stealership.