View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 10:19 AM
cecilt
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by berry1234
The 07's have a 6 speed vs. the 06 and older 4 speeds. My 08 also had some tranny bugs that were cured after a reflash.

Pay attention to how it shifts from 1-2 2-3 and 2-1 when coming to a stop. Many of these trannys can be fixed with the reflash, but some people on here it did not help at all.
So, is the reflash something the dealer will do under warranty or do you have to have a problem that the dealer recognizes as a problem as you describe. Is it safe to assume that the '07 is no different than the '08+ is how it shifts it is just that it is a different feel than most are used to. If that is the case I won't be too leary of an '07 unless there were definetly some tranny issues they had to work the bugs out of for the '08+. tks

Also, to get the rear parking sensors in the '07+ do they have the external sensors on the bumper like the '03-'06 or is it built into/behind the bumper eliminating the need for the external sensors. Seems of all the pics I see of the EB or Limited none have the external sensors on the rear bumper leading to 2 conclusions(separate option noone wanted or the truck has it but you can't see it). tks