View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 12:59 PM
USAF CCM
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nunya001
I have a running list of long term maintenance/fix goals for my truck - the up pipes were on it and I had the same questions you did. Btw, mine were leaking, but not terribly. I plan to drive and maintain my truck for a reasonably long period of time - I asked Clay at Riff Raff if he thought it was worth the money b/c $400+ is a little steep. His response was balanced and intelligent. You can repair the stock donuts, but at some undetermined time they will fail again. If may be 50k or 5k miles and then you'll need to pull the turbo, etc. . . .the cost of the part makes up for the cost of the repair multiple times and there is some piece of mind in knowing that your truck is well set up. In most circles people would think I'm strange for having a running list of maintenance/ fix/ improve goals but here it seems more the rule than the exception. With it comes no guarantee, but confidence in the service my truck will provide. Hell - that was long winded - sorry.
Don't be sorry.....there's absolutely nothing wrong with long term planning. The trouble many Americans get into these days is rushing into something without thinking of all the ramifications.

Dave Ramsey says "a well informed and patient man always wins". Stay the course!