Thread: Check this out
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 01:52 PM
thumper869
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check this out

hay balein mishaps picture by tylcthar - Photobucket

was balein hay yesterday after noon and right about dark was when this bale was created. apparently the sensor on the baler that is supposed to tell the baler to start tying when the bale inside the bale chamber reaches the size i set it at and sends a signal to my in cab monitor to turn on a light letting me know its tying never got engaged. so i just kept building my bale and keepin an eye on the baler in the mirror to make sure it didn't clog up or lock up. then i saw a belt break and before i could get the baler shut down the belt got sucked into the rollers and bogged the tractor down.

anyways i opened the hatch and kicked the bale out and spent the next 1.5 hours cutting the broke belt out of the rollers. ended up tying a loop in the longest piece of belt sticking out and took a lift strap tied a clinch around the belt hooked it to buford and jerked it out. was kinda mad about the belt but more mad that i didn't get a chance to tie the bale that thing is massive.

i'm six foot tall and the bale is prob a good foot or so taller than me. i think i figured out what broke the belt now. but still ain't figured out why the tying arm sensor didn't engage.