View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 11:49 PM
97ExpGuy
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Morris08
2004 5.4L 2WD XLT ... had numerous problems at first but got most of them fixed/worked out by Ford:
- dealer replace all four crappy Continentals, out of round at 600 miles!
- replaced rear-end assembly/ring&pinion gear, had constant grinding noise/humm at 4k miles
- replaced stereo/6cd unit - CD's were HOT!! when ejected
- windshield washer low fluid light kept coming on, faulty sensor
- dark gray moulding along bottom sides, replace - fading from sun at 55k miles
- windshield washer sprayer not working
- replaced Alternator at 87k and A/C vacuum hose (cost $510)
Sorry to hear about some of small irritating things that went bad on your vehicle, but this is exactly why I refuse to buy a new vehicle. You pay 30 grand for a truck and within 100k miles, all of this crap happened - and its all the small stupid crap too! It's like the electronics used just get cheaper and cheaper and so does the quality of materials used. Sorry to rant and use you as an example, but when I read of all the small stupid things that fail, I find the irritation not in Ford owning up and replacing items under warranty, but the fact that you have to schedule an appointment, drop the vehicle off, wait for the diagnosis and solutions, etc, deal with a crappy rental, the works. OK, I'm done!

Originally Posted by Morris08
now at 109k miles and my Service Engine soon light is coming on... have a slight hesitation issue at 50-60 mph, almost as if the transmission thinks about shifting but doesn't, a few times.
Hmm...fuel injectors? I had a hesitation on acceleration at highway speeds and when I pulled the injectors, 3 of them had hairline cracks at the tips.