View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Freaksh0w
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the non-HO firing order, damn, shoulda thought of that first. Guess I don't have an HO under my hood. When my truck hits 3100RPM, it gets this throaty sound and really comes alive all the way until I let out at 5000RPM. I hit 5200RPM in one of those vids. EDIT: Actually, I think I have the non-HO firing order. I do remember that the 7th and 8th wires run together. I don't think the 5.0 HO firing order had 7 and 8 firing right next to each other.

Either it's a 'factory freak' stock 5.0, or it's possible it's had a cam swap or maybe some different heads? I don't have a 'lope', but you wouldn't necessarily have to have a lope to have an aftermarket cam. I don't know. BTW, I have never found the PCV valve on this truck. It is not where everyone tells me it's at? Any different 5.0's have the PCV valve somewhere else on them besides the truck's location? BTW, Bill, nope, I have the stock exhaust manifolds. I'm like you, you'd think if someone was going to put a cam in it, they'd do more than just a cam. The only receipt I found about "ANY" kind of mod was where he paid $90 to have a glasspack put on.

BTW, I thought some of the 80's Mustang GT's came with 245 horsepower. Guess it was 225 horsepower. Still in the 80's, though. Ford never has been king when it comes to factory horsepower, especially over the last 20 years. BUT they have, imo, put some of the best, most reliable vehicles ever made on the road.

Before I knew much of anything about vehicles, I always liked "Chevy" because they were the fastest. Then I owned a couple, and worked in a garage for 5 years... Now I'm Ford through and through. I'd rather get home everytime in 30 minutes, than get home sometimes in 25 minutes (or never make it back in a Dodge) :-) Well, in all fairness, I'm sure there is always someone who has a Dodge that has made it 300,000 miles with little to no problems... but I'd bet money that it's not as common to do that as it is in a Ford.