View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 09:28 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Unhappy Update: Not good news

Well, I guess it's about time for another update on Donna's condition. After coming home from Houston, she started a new combination of chemo. Dr. said we would see significant results within 2 months, we did, she is significantly worse! With the way that the existing tumors have grown and new ones have appeared, I think that stuff was like adding fuel to the fire. The oncologist more or less told us that he had done everything he could , there is no more conventional chemo to try. We are now waiting for a call from MD Anderson in Houston to see if we can return for a consultation and maybe some other form of treatment. If there is nothing that they can do, I am afraid the end won't be too far in the future. With no treatment, maybe a few months.
Those of you who saw her at the G2G last year would hardly recognize her now, she looks to have aged at least 10 years since. I think I have aged a few myself during this ordeal too.
After 23 years together, I don't know what I could do without her. For 2 people from such different backgrounds and age differences, we have so many common intrests.
We have really felt comforted by the prayers and well wishes of our friends, I can't even start to thank everyone enough for all of them.
I will continue to update as I can, hopefully with some better news.