Thread: fishing
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 04:31 AM
billy12360
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lvcrprts
Don't know of anything going on down here in Yakima. When they come the parking lots always have at least two trucks of people selling fish out of the back of them for a decent price. Guess its kinda slow for everyone right now.
this sucks... i dont know how the king season was last year, but i know the coho/chum/silver season sucked last year... we did pretty good but still not as good a years in the past...

i always laugh when im in the store and i see people buying "fresh" caught salmon for 12 bucks a pound... some times when i see people doing that i will give them my number and tell them to wait a week and i will sell to them for 8 bucks a pound... (fish buyers pay 6 bucks a pound on kings) and sell them silvers for 5 bucks a pound... (last year the best we got for our silvers where 2 bucks a pound...) traded 2 fillets last year cut right on the truck of my car for a brand new gerber fillet knife...this season, we didnt even catch enough to pay for gas to the river, or for the gas to run the boat, or for food...