Old 04-24-2009, 09:11 AM
worldstoreone
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank You Redcat, and also Jowilker for your knowledge on this one. It was pitch black on his arrival last night for pickup, which made inspection not as easy as it is now.

Redcat, it has the Steel Wheels with a 9" diameter 6 lug pattern. The lug nuts are beveled coming out from the drum, and the studs have a slight bevel as well. So the way it is currently, the lug isn't nice and snug and they need to be snug back up to the wheels. He's having me look for spacer plates, and also, I'm going to call around and see if I can find 2 outer tires this morning.

And yes, it has vacuum assist and it's under the driver side seat.

The engine looks really clean, so Jo's right, they appeared to have had this going recently and yes, they are usually good about maintenance. They just pulled off some parts off of this truck apparently to use on another prior to selling this one. They were not helpful at all when we asked questions prior to purchase. When we bought the IH it was completely the opposite! We were able to talk with the man that maintained it for the last 30+ years, We had full service records, etc. We were able to talk with the father-son volunteers that drove her over the years.

He's getting a new battery now, and checking all fluids and we'll see how the engine cranking go's, or doesn't go. Cross your fingers! I just pray that the mileage is a little better than the IH was...it got between 4-4.5 mph when going downhill with the winds help on your back.

Melissa