View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 08:20 AM
cbradford
Fleet Owner
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by soondg
The New Jersey chapter was having a get together at the swap meet at Raceway Park in Englishtown, N.J. Saturday May 18th. I decided to take a ride over and meet some of the New Jersey guys. I had met Tom(tjctransport) their chapter leader and some others at frederics when he hosted a get together at his house.

After getting lost a couple of time(I hate google map) and not getting anywhere with some foreign gas station owners, especially one who had a well worn greasy N.J. book map in the rack but wouldn't let me use it, he begrudgingly let my grandson use the rest room, not much choice, let him use it or he leaks on your office floor, when a kids gotta go, he's gotta go. ( I filled up at a station down the street from him, serves him right.) I found a local who was working the pumps where I filled up who gave me the right directions(boy, was google off).

About ten miles out I heard a loud noise, something like a crack, pop, clunk. I figured it wasn't a good thing so I got out to look. Last year headed to Carlisle my left front wheel almost came off, last week I heard a similar sound and discovered my left rear break lining, break shoes and drum exploded, so I was a little nervous. It was only my left front radius arm that snapped and my front drive shaft pulling out. (to be continued)
So what's the rest of the story? or you just like to keep us all hanging ?