Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Pennsylvania Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Oldtrucknut7077

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Postmaster
Garage is empty, add now

soondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud of
Members helping members.

The New Jersey chapter was having a get together at the swap meet at Raceway Park in Englishtown, N.J. Saturday May 18th. I decided to take a ride over and meet some of the New Jersey guys. I had met Tom(tjctransport) their chapter leader and some others at frederics when he hosted a get together at his house.

After getting lost a couple of time(I hate google map) and not getting anywhere with some foreign gas station owners, especially one who had a well worn greasy N.J. book map in the rack but wouldn't let me use it, he begrudgingly let my grandson use the rest room, not much choice, let him use it or he leaks on your office floor, when a kids gotta go, he's gotta go. ( I filled up at a station down the street from him, serves him right.) I found a local who was working the pumps where I filled up who gave me the right directions(boy, was google off).

About ten miles out I heard a loud noise, something like a crack, pop, clunk. I figured it wasn't a good thing so I got out to look. Last year headed to Carlisle my left front wheel almost came off, last week I heard a similar sound and discovered my left rear break lining, break shoes and drum exploded, so I was a little nervous. It was only my left front radius arm that snapped and my front drive shaft pulling out. (to be continued)

Pennsylvania Chapter, Home of the Mid Atlantic Meet JOIN US HERE!

Old 04-23-2009, 04:49 AM
Garage is empty, add now

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
so, what happened???
did you ever make it back home??
Old 04-23-2009, 08:20 AM
Post Fiend
Garage is empty, add now

cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondg View Post
The New Jersey chapter was having a get together at the swap meet at Raceway Park in Englishtown, N.J. Saturday May 18th. I decided to take a ride over and meet some of the New Jersey guys. I had met Tom(tjctransport) their chapter leader and some others at frederics when he hosted a get together at his house.

After getting lost a couple of time(I hate google map) and not getting anywhere with some foreign gas station owners, especially one who had a well worn greasy N.J. book map in the rack but wouldn't let me use it, he begrudgingly let my grandson use the rest room, not much choice, let him use it or he leaks on your office floor, when a kids gotta go, he's gotta go. ( I filled up at a station down the street from him, serves him right.) I found a local who was working the pumps where I filled up who gave me the right directions(boy, was google off).

About ten miles out I heard a loud noise, something like a crack, pop, clunk. I figured it wasn't a good thing so I got out to look. Last year headed to Carlisle my left front wheel almost came off, last week I heard a similar sound and discovered my left rear break lining, break shoes and drum exploded, so I was a little nervous. It was only my left front radius arm that snapped and my front drive shaft pulling out. (to be continued)
So what's the rest of the story? or you just like to keep us all hanging ?
05 Excursion Limited V10, 4:30(C3) Limited Slip
01 Expy EB, 5.4, 3:55 Limited Slip, 2006 27' Outback T.T. 7000lbs-loaded
Old 04-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

quaddriver has a good reputation on FTE.quaddriver has a good reputation on FTE.quaddriver has a good reputation on FTE.
mebbe thats the point - driving with snapped radius arms is bad?

Go Fast, run over sh......stuff
Old 04-23-2009, 11:56 AM
New Jersey Chapter LDR
2001 Ford Excursion

sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbradford View Post
So what's the rest of the story? or you just like to keep us all hanging ?

He's still collecting his thoughts after driving home, I know I called him sometime after it was spit, glued and cable tied back together on the road and he couldn't talk, something about driving carefully down Route 130 South. Although he did call me back that night to say he made it to within a mile of his house before it snapped again......

Ok Joe I'll let you finish the story.....
Old 04-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Garage is empty, add now

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
Steve, you forgot to mention the part where Joe called a certian new jersey chapter member every dirty name in the booK, and a few that have not been written down yet!!
Old 04-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Postmaster
Garage is empty, add now

soondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud ofsoondg has much to be proud of
Not one of those names where dirty Tom, they where carefully washed, dried and spelled correctly before I spit them out. Nothing dirty ever comes out of or goes into my mouth.

I'll finish it soon guys, this year has been a yahoo of a ride and I don't think it's quite over yet, right now I'm just hanging on waiting for the buzzer to sound so I can get off this d**n horse. I need a few days breather in between events and time to collect my thoughts.

Pennsylvania Chapter, Home of the Mid Atlantic Meet JOIN US HERE!

Old 04-24-2009, 11:37 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Pennsylvania Chapter