View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 01:42 PM
rob188
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by screwy
On occasion my tranny will act like it’s in neutral, it happens when you’re accelerating then suddenly let off for a second then get back on it, like if a car in front of you suddenly slows down to get in a turn lane, etc., so the tranny up shifts in the brief moment that you’ve let off and if you get back on it mid shift the engine just revs and you get nothing. Sometimes it can take a full 2 second to get back in gear. So basically anytime your accelerating let of momentarily and the tranny tries to up shift under no load, then resume accelerating it may or may not end up in neutral, this may happen once or twice a day. Near as I can tell it’s happened between 2-3 and 3-4, I can also manipulate it into happening using a combination of the gas and overdrive switch. Only happens on up shifts, though downshifts are abnormally clunky, and the up shifts aren’t any better when they are working. The ride along mechanic felt it and had the nerve to try and tell me it was normal, that didn’t end well for him, the service advisor says he can’t do anything until it gets worse. It’s almost like it’s just taking too long to make its shifts, clutch packs? computer? Transmissions are my weak area.

Sorry for the long complicated post, but it’s driving me crazy.

P.s. only has 3500 miles on it.
well the trannys in these trucks are very sensitive it could be a number of things , i would go to a diff dealer and have an actual transmission mechanic look at it