View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Ford-Trucker84537
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New DriveTrain for the old 87 150 2wd

I have an 87 F.150 2wd extened cab, body is flawless, frame is great, 93,000 miles, well when i got it, it overheated pretty good for the last guy, it needed head gaskets, and the rod bearings were shot, so its been sitting in my garage for 2 years, well, ive come across a parts truck for it, an 89 F.150 351 fuel injected, 55,000 original miles body is shot, mine had the carburated 351 H.O. in it, now my question is do i leave all the fuel injection stuff on it and swap in the wiring harness, or can i take the fuel injection intake off and put my edelbrock performer intake on, im swappin in the entire drivetrain, its got the C6 same 3.55 gears limited slip, now im aware of the leaf spring widths being different as ive been researching this for quite a while, i know i have to cut a hole in my floor, probablyhave to do something with the instrument cluster for the 4x4 lights but my biggest question is, the engine crossmember, the brackets that hold the inner ends of the ifs axle in place, will the 4x4 axle bolt up to mine, either way it doesnt matter, so tell me your opinions, i got time, i got the parts, i have the tools and the garage to do it in so i figure thats all i need, thanks in advance