View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 10:36 AM
w_huisman
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by brickie
Pop the valve covers off and pressurize the system before replacing HPO parts.The leak could be at an injector or a branch tube the o rings or even the pump its self.
Our current game plan is this - If the IPR is proves to not be the cause, the HPOP cover will come off and we will pressurize the system through the top of the pump (is that possible, by pressing a rubber air hose fitting onto the hole on the top of the pump?). If the leak is not inside the HPO area, then the valve covers will come off and we will pressurize the system again to search the oil rails and injectors. Does this sound like a reasonable way to proceed?

Without testing the system first it will get very expensive in a hurry.
Are the parts expensive, or are you just talking labor?

The IPR needs the wires hooked up one way only to make it close so you may have had the wires backwards.
Good point. I'll verify the test wire connections when retesting the IPR.

As for part #s I am out of town so I'll have to phone home and get the wife to dig out the invoices.
Brickie... If that's a PITA for your wife, then don't worry about it. We may not get back under the hood for a couple of weeks (heading to Cancun the day after tomorrow). However, it may be nice to have the (cheaper) parts ordered and here by the time we get back.

Thanks a ton!