Old 11-17-2008, 06:20 AM
ddavidv
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maaco can do decent paint jobs, but they seem to be inconsistent. I've seen paint applied too thin, and I've seen really nice jobs. However, the bodywork is what it's all about. If you don't have good bodywork no matter how good the painter it will look like crap.
Maaco single stage paint in a factory color (not the el cheapo, lowest cost job they sell which is awful) runs at least $600. If you want clearcoat, double that.
If this is for a 'working' truck that just needs to be all one color and looks good from 5 feet away, there is another alternative. You can paint it yourself for around $200 all inclusive, without a spray gun or compressed air source. More labor intensive (lots of sanding) but you get to tell people you did it yourself and they won't believe you. A 1962 Ford Falcon Recieve A Budget Paint Job - Hot Rod Magazine
Home
Rickwrench, Alfa GTV, Falcon Squire, Corvair
Check out the links within these links for even more info.
Yes, it's for real. I've done it myself.

One caution on the bedliner: make sure you remove the bed mounting bolts before it gets applied. Trying to remove the bed bolts after the stuff hardens is near impossible should you ever need to pull the bed.

Last edited by ddavidv; 11-17-2008 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Added bedliner comment