Old 08-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Scouder
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mwvdub:

"ya i found a place in denver but they want $1500. Seems like a good price for what the offer just a lot of money for a guy starting out in life. "

I had the same problem. Nobody makes headers for a 76 F250 that have any primary size. Knowing that I was going to need 2 1/8 primaries into a 4" collector, I just bought a set of flanges, a pair of collectors, and a box of 2 1/8 bends and started fabbing. Like most things, I could do it better the second time, but I am very pleased with the way they turned out. I am not a welder, so I just tacked them together piece by piece with my little mig box and took them to a pro when I was done to do the finish welds. I would tack one piece, then hold up a bend, estimate where it needed cut, mark with a sharpie, and cut it with a chop saw. I have a nice sized box of mistakes, but it came together pretty quickly. Ultimately I think I had around $550 in them, and they were custom built for my application. Can't beat that with a stick.

Soooooo, if all else fails, put on your hot-rodder hat and do it the ol' fashioned way!

-Scouder