View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 05:43 PM
46yblock
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Summit: Summit Racing - High Performance Car and Truck Parts | 800-230-3030 , deals in aftermarket parts for later models. But I think I saw they had an air filter that was recessed kind of folding down a little over the carb, for maybe 1.5 inch above carb height.
Believe it or not there are a fair number of Y-block enthusiasts in Australia. I sent some motorparts to a bloke in Melbourne this morning. An Australian company currently is making the best timing chain and gear set ever available for the 272/292/312s, and many of us have one.
Joe referenced ebay. It is the best place to find motor parts that are a little less expensive. You just need to be careful, know the value of what you are bidding on. A lot of times a seller of an auction item will not offer to ship out of the US, but then many are more than willing to ship overseas. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices . Mummert's site: FORD Y .

The 292 truck vs car engines are basically the same. The differences in the later motors, 60-62-64 were mostly in the heads, with trucks having slightly lower Comp Ratio. From 1956to 1964, car or truck, excepting HeavyDuty 292s, crank, rods, heads, valves, cams, bearings, pistons, rings, oil pumps, water pumps, springs, lifters, all interchange.