Old 07-31-2008, 06:50 PM
Fosters
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Power Kid
I'm comparing it to the competition. If you want to compare it to the 5.3L and then stick your head in the sand, fine. Its very comparable to the 5.3L. Sure the 5.3L will rev at 5500rpm to pull the same trailer up the hill but they'll both get it done. But they offer the 6.0L and the 6.2L both which easily out perform our trusty 5.4L.

The new Ram while it has the motivation, its been positioned for the personal use driver or light tower given its new coil spring rear end. Do you recall the first big comparo when the 04 came out... The titan out accelrated the F150 with 1000lbs in the box and the Ford was empty!

I pull a camper thats 7,000lbs+ and most fo the time I'm fine, but when you get to rolling hills that go on forever, or on a hot day you try to merge into traffic..... Its lethargic. Too heavy.
Will the 6 speed help... YES!
Will 10-20 potential HP help.... YES!
Will dropping some weigh (on all models but the SCrew help)... YES!
But are we competitive with the competitors top V8 offerings..... NO!

I'm as loyal a Ford guy as they come, but I'm not blind. Everytime I or someone else says we want more power we're either given the same old speach about tq, or go buy a toyota then or some other lame stmt. We're allowed to want more power FROM Ford.
That's cause expecting to be competitive with the competition makes a few of us the minority... most people here want a 1987 300 I6, with focus mileage, ranger towing and an F150 badge.