View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 06:46 PM
6CylBill
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IcemanV8
Look at Bill's tires in his video. Now, that helps even out the playing field since the Ram has OEMish tires. Both of your rears may turn. My 3.50 9" used to only spin one wheel, but I added like half a quart of Lucas full synthetic 75W-90 to it I had sitting around and now it spins both tires 95% of the time. I'm going to drain it and put in some Mobil1 75W-140 whenever I feel like getting back under it for awhile, again. Already did my tranny with M1 75W-90.

Anyways, I'm thinking you could get him. ESPECIALLY in grass (assuming he has street tires like I'm thinking), but also on pavement you could still stand a good chance. Your truck looks great, btw.

BTW, I like watching pavement pulls, but personally, with my truck, I don't like to replace broken parts, so I'd stick with off road, you'll have a better chance there, anyways. I'd almost bet you'd be getting bad wheelhop with those tires and that truck. I know mine does.
Why would your 9" turn only one tire untill adding different oil? What does oil have to do with it? Is this why my left tire turns too, even though my rear end is an open diff???

Thanks for saying my truck looks great! The video is nice to her; she has her share of dings and scratches.

If we do anything it will be on grass. And he does have street tires. He wants his truck to be as fast as possible.