Old 06-28-2008, 09:37 PM
BIG R
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lariat97
I agree we need to get some names in the hat to vote on. I have nominated greywolf but if you have someone you want to nominate or you want the job contact 99 trigger3-0 or glruff. I see that Greywolf has declined the nomination.
The duties of the CL are accepting new members & promoting the chapter. I haven't been able to get any activity out of the members. I've tried car,truck & bike shows. I've tried cookouts & other events but no one shows for the G2Gs. BTW I'm not resigning as CL over this issue. I was laid off back in Jan. I reopened my old business of trim carpentry & cabinetry. Its taken 6 months but I'm getting too busy with my job to do a good job as CL. I work all day & come home & spend my afternoons making bids & ordering materials for my work. I'm busy enough now to hire a employee now & hope I need to hire 2 more in a few weeks. I have enjoyed being the CL for Tn. I would stay if I had the time. Building is starting to pick up & I need to grab all the work I can get since the market is flooded with contractors looking for work. I want to thank everyone for voting me in as your CL. I wish I could have gotten more activity from the chapter but I wasn't able to get anyone to come to the G2Gs we planned since I became CL. Greywolf had the same luck with G2Gs when he was CL. I joined FTE hoping to meet Ford truck owners & to see the trucks they drive. I've gotten great info & help with problems I had with my truck from FTE members. FTE is by far the best Ford truck site on the web. I'm not leaving I'm just going to be a regular member. I'll be happy to help whoever gets the job in any way I can. Just pm me & I'll do anything I can to help the new CL.
Thanks Guys
Howard
I hope your business takes off like a rocket, its nice to see the little man make it in this economy. For what it's worth, the short time I have been here I think you have done a great job. Good luck with the buisness.
Randy