Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Chapter Leader Nominations / Volunteers NEEDED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 10:41 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Chapter Leader Nominations / Volunteers NEEDED!!!!

We need to vote in a new chapter leader.

Everyone post up who you want for CL & we will put it up for a vote. May the best man win.

Last edited by glruff; 06-28-2008 at 03:33 PM. Reason: greywolf declined
Old 06-28-2008, 04:41 PM
BIG R
Senior User
I vote Greywolf-Someone with over 19000 posts seems like the man for the job.

What is the responsibilities of a chapter leader? Sorry for the dumb question..but I really have no idea.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:06 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
I agree we need to get some names in the hat to vote on. I have nominated greywolf but if you have someone you want to nominate or you want the job contact FTE trigger or glruff. I see that Greywolf has declined the nomination.
The duties of the CL are accepting new members & promoting the chapter. I haven't been able to get any activity out of the members. I've tried car,truck & bike shows. I've tried cookouts & other events but no one shows for the G2Gs. BTW I'm not resigning as CL over this issue. I was laid off back in Jan. I reopened my old business of trim carpentry & cabinetry. Its taken 6 months but I'm getting too busy with my job to do a good job as CL. I work all day & come home & spend my afternoons making bids & ordering materials for my work. I'm busy enough now to hire a employee now & hope I need to hire 2 more in a few weeks. I have enjoyed being the CL for Tn. I would stay if I had the time. Building is starting to pick up & I need to grab all the work I can get since the market is flooded with contractors looking for work. I want to thank everyone for voting me in as your CL. I wish I could have gotten more activity from the chapter but I wasn't able to get anyone to come to the G2Gs we planned since I became CL. Greywolf had the same luck with G2Gs when he was CL. I joined FTE hoping to meet Ford truck owners & to see the trucks they drive. I've gotten great info & help with problems I had with my truck from FTE members. FTE is by far the best Ford truck site on the web. I'm not leaving I'm just going to be a regular member. I'll be happy to help whoever gets the job in any way I can. Just pm me & I'll do anything I can to help the new CL.
Thanks Guys
Howard

Old 06-28-2008, 09:37 PM
BIG R
Senior User
Originally Posted by lariat97
I agree we need to get some names in the hat to vote on. I have nominated greywolf but if you have someone you want to nominate or you want the job contact 99 trigger3-0 or glruff. I see that Greywolf has declined the nomination.
The duties of the CL are accepting new members & promoting the chapter. I haven't been able to get any activity out of the members. I've tried car,truck & bike shows. I've tried cookouts & other events but no one shows for the G2Gs. BTW I'm not resigning as CL over this issue. I was laid off back in Jan. I reopened my old business of trim carpentry & cabinetry. Its taken 6 months but I'm getting too busy with my job to do a good job as CL. I work all day & come home & spend my afternoons making bids & ordering materials for my work. I'm busy enough now to hire a employee now & hope I need to hire 2 more in a few weeks. I have enjoyed being the CL for Tn. I would stay if I had the time. Building is starting to pick up & I need to grab all the work I can get since the market is flooded with contractors looking for work. I want to thank everyone for voting me in as your CL. I wish I could have gotten more activity from the chapter but I wasn't able to get anyone to come to the G2Gs we planned since I became CL. Greywolf had the same luck with G2Gs when he was CL. I joined FTE hoping to meet Ford truck owners & to see the trucks they drive. I've gotten great info & help with problems I had with my truck from FTE members. FTE is by far the best Ford truck site on the web. I'm not leaving I'm just going to be a regular member. I'll be happy to help whoever gets the job in any way I can. Just pm me & I'll do anything I can to help the new CL.
Thanks Guys
Howard
I hope your business takes off like a rocket, its nice to see the little man make it in this economy. For what it's worth, the short time I have been here I think you have done a great job. Good luck with the buisness.
Randy

Old 06-28-2008, 11:09 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Big R I don't know if I was a good chapter leader or not. I check for new member request everyday but other than that I was just another member. After my layoff in Jan I lost interest in trucks. I bet my post count takes a nose dive from the last 4 months of 07 compared to the first 4 months of this yr. I just haven't been into posting. Many days I only go to FTE to check for new members. The chapter deserves a leader with more drive than I have right now. I'm having to rebuild the business I closed 6 yrs ago to take a hourly job. Its been a tough yr for me but its finally starting to go my way. I will miss being CL but I just don't have the time do the job. I've got to put my business first right now. Its finally starting to pull out of the red & make me some money. I'm not leaving I'm just handing the CL job over to someone that has time for it

Old 07-01-2008, 08:35 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
If no one wants the CL job I'll continue the job. It doesn't look like anyone is going to try for the job.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:06 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lariat97
If no one wants the CL job I'll continue the job. It doesn't look like anyone is going to try for the job.

I think it's just timing of it all. This group was a little more active when I first came in, but since times have gotten a little tough activity just took a nose dive. Luckily like you, I'm in the black(actually had a good deal of business come about, I guess it helps that I offer a distraction to what seems like endless bad news out there most days) but you have to constantly be putting out effort in order to stay that way til things even out(which they eventually do, it's just making til then) and that just makes it hard to be any more active then a regular member. Might want to wait on this til things even out and then throw out the idea again and people might be able to spend more time(and money) when it comes to their hobby for G2Gs and the like.