Thread: Coolant Flush
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 12:48 AM
origcharger
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bismic
Here is a link to "Draining, Filling, and Bleeding" procedures from the Ford service manual (I pulled it for an 06 - should be the same for the other years I would think). It lists a procedure using a "RADKITPLUS" (not sure what it does) and a procedure without the "RADKITPLUS". It doesn't mention any specific procedures to take to ensure the removal of air pockets and it doesn't list any "cautions" pertaining to it. I wonder if this is part of the unresolved issues between Ford and International or if the VT365 radiator/external components are different?

origcharger - I would love to read more on this if you can post links to more info!

2006 F-Super Duty 250-550 Workshop Manual
The "Radkitplus" appears to be a similar tool to the "Vac N' fill" The International /"IC Bus" dealer shows in their flyer.
We have both an E450 with 6.0 and an IC bus with a VT365, I don't see where the radiator/external components are significantly differant enough to require a differant procedure.
Neither the Ford or International owners manuals that I have access to say anything special about filling the cooling systems other than just the normal drain and refill procedures. This vacuum and fill procedure is what they have been advocating to us at recent meetings and its how they do it on the assembly line.
Internationals main gripe about the 6.0 Powerstroke seems to be that Ford did not provide a means to capture how many times the computer has been "reflashed" to stock programming for warranty cost control purposes.